|Chicken broth||2 ½ Cups|
|Bone-in beef pot roast||1 (5 pound)|
|Fresh thyme||2 Sprigs|
|All-purpose flour, or as needed||1 Tablespoon|
|Stalks celery (cut into chunks)||2|
|Mushrooms (Sliced)||8 Ounces|
|All-purpose flour||1 ½ Tablespoons|
|Chopped medium onion||1|
|Medium carrots (cut into chunks)||3|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Sprig fresh rosemary||1|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Cloves garlic (minced)||2|
- Take beef roast and season both sides with pepper and salt.
- Until well coated sprinkle flour over the top.
- Now pat it into the meat.
- Shake off any excess.
- We need a large skillet and give over medium high heat until it becomes hot.
- Now place vegetable oil in that skillet for heating.
- Sear the roast on both sides for 5 to 6 minutes each.
- Now remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in mushrooms and butter.
- Need to cook it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in onion and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add garlic in it and stir it for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons flour and stir it.
- Now place tomato paste and cook for 1 minute only.
- Slowly add chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Then return to a simmer.
- Now remove skillet from the heat.
- Take carrots and celery and place it in the slow cooker.
- Place roast over the vegetables and pour in any accumulated juices.
- Now add rosemary and thyme.
- Take onion and mushroom mixture and pour it over the top of the roast.
- Now cover slow cooker and turn to high and cook the roast for 5 hours to 6 hours.
- Skim off any fat from the surface and remove the bones.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.